Greek Orzo Chicken Salad
- 1 pound orzo macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 Spanish onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 head Boston lettuce well washed, and drained
Put orzo into 1 gallon of boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente or barely tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl. Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and dill. Pour over warm orzo. Mix well, then cool. Carefully mix in the onion, olives, chicken, and feta cheese.
Separate 6 whole unblemished leaves from the lettuce. Place on 6 individual salad plates. Mound salad on each leaf, dividing total recipe equally.
This recipe yields 6 servings. Serving size: 1/6 recipe.
Exchanges Per Serving: 4 Lean Meat, 4 Starch, 1/2 Fat.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 563; Calories from Fat 171; Total Fat 19g; Saturated Fat 8g; Cholesterol 86mg; Sodium 1,248mg; Without Added Salt 523mg; Carbohydrate 57g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 4g; Protein 40g.