Roasted Carrots with Feta and Mint
- For the Dressing:
- 1 1/2 Lb Carrots (cut into 2-inch chunks at a bias)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablepsoon Toasted Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1 teapsoon Honey
- 2 tablepsoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Orange (Zest and Juice)
- 1/4 cup Mint (leaves only)
- 1 tablepsoon Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tablepsoon Honey
- 1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- Kosher Salt
- To Serve:
- 1 cup Feta (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- Olive oil
Adapted from beta.abc.go.com
Preheat oven to 450F
In a mixing bowl add carrots and toss with honey, vinegar, cumin seeds and 1 tablepsoon of olive oil.
In an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, then add the carrots. Season generously with salt and pepper and then toss to coat. Transfer to oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until carrots have caramelized and browned in spots.
Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the extra virgin olive oil, orange juice and zest, honey, vinegar, mint leaves, shallot and almonds. Add a pinch of salt and set aside.
Once carrots have finished and cooled slightly, toss them in a large bowl with the dressing.
To serve garnish carrots with feta, orange zest and a drizzle of olive oil.