Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Makes enough for 18 cupcakes
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted, divided
To make this wonderful strawberry frosting we will start by preparing the strawberries.
You may want to make the puree ahead of time as it needs to be refrigerated and chilled before you make the frosting.
Prepare the Strawberries
Wash and hull the strawberries, and let air dry.
Put the clean berries into a blender; puree until smooth.
Transfer strawberry puree to a saucepan.
Using low then medium heat, bring the berries to a boil.
Stir the berries often and cook until the puree is reduced by at least half.
This will take 20-30 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool down. Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 1 cup of confectioners' sugar and beat into the butter until just blended.
Beat 2 tablespoons of the strawberry puree and vanilla extract into butter mixture until just blended.
Beat in one more cup of confectioners' sugar, followed by 2 tablespoons strawberry puree two more times.
Beat in the last 1/2 cup confectioners' and mix until well blended.
The frosting is ready to use. You can either pipe it onto your cupcakes or cake or spread on.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)