Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes peeled, cubed
- 7 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup fat-free (skim) milk heated
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- Salt (optional), to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper (optional), to taste
Boil the potatoes over medium heat until tender and drain them.
Add the garlic and mash the potatoes. Add the milk, sour cream, margarine, salt, and pepper and mix well until smooth.
This recipe yields 6 servings. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 Starch, 1/2 Fat.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 99; Calories from Fat 18; Total Fat 2g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 61mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 4g; Protein 3g.