Linguine with Clams
This classic Italian dish is one of Mario's favorites!
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 lb Linguine
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb New Zealand Cockles (or 24 Manila or Littleneck Clams) scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 bunch Italian Parsley (finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup)
In a large pot over medium high heat, combine 8 quarts of water to boil and salt.
In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and sauté until just golden, about 30 seconds. Add clams and red pepper flakes and saute 1 minute. Add wine and cook uncovered, just until clams open, 4-5 minutes.
Add linguine to boiling water and cook to 1 minute short of al dente according to package directions (pasta should still be quite firm).
Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water, then drain linguine and add to pan. Cook over high heat, tossing occasionally, until linguine is just tender, about 1 minute. If necessary, add some reserved cooking water to keep moist. Remove from heat. Add parsley, tossing to coat. Transfer to dish and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower, Bacon, and Olive Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Corn Flan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Fish Fillets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Haddock Fillets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PESTO ALFREDO KELP NOODLES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with Pan sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Scalloped Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ravioli Alfredo with Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)