Linguine with Clams
This classic Italian dish is one of Mario's favorites!
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 lb Linguine
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb New Zealand Cockles (or 24 Manila or Littleneck Clams) scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 bunch Italian Parsley (finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup)
In a large pot over medium high heat, combine 8 quarts of water to boil and salt.
In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and sauté until just golden, about 30 seconds. Add clams and red pepper flakes and saute 1 minute. Add wine and cook uncovered, just until clams open, 4-5 minutes.
Add linguine to boiling water and cook to 1 minute short of al dente according to package directions (pasta should still be quite firm).
Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water, then drain linguine and add to pan. Cook over high heat, tossing occasionally, until linguine is just tender, about 1 minute. If necessary, add some reserved cooking water to keep moist. Remove from heat. Add parsley, tossing to coat. Transfer to dish and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Lemon-Poppy Seed Scones 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Brined Chicken Breasts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallop Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with Turkey Ragu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Papparadelle with Salmon and Peas... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Fried Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi Linguine 0/5 (0 Votes)