Potato Soup and Rich Italian Sausage
This soup combines unique flavors to form a rich, delicious soup. Your taste buds will be overjoyed. Instead of bouillon cube you can substitute I ounce chicken broth." — MARBALET
I used ground sausage which made it even easier, and it turned out wonderful.
- Original recipe makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 slice pancetta bacon, diced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 4 cups water
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups kale, rinsed and julienned
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
Preparation time 40mins
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2.Place sausage links on a sheet pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done. Cut each link in half lengthwise, and then into 1/2 inch slices. Set aside for later.
3.In a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat, saute the onions and the pancetta for 10 minutes, or until onions are almost clear. Add the garlic and saute for one more minute. Add the chicken base OR bouillon, water and potatoes and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Add the kale, cream and reserved sausage, simmer for 5 more minutes and serve.
You'll also love
- Cherry Cheese Bars 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Burritos with Squash and Goat... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Turkey Casserole 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Pumpkin Waffles 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Pork, Brisket, or Seafood Dry Rub 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Pinto Bean & Andouille Sausage Stew 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Potato Croquettes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Sausage & Black-Eyed Pea Hash 4.8/5 (4 Votes)