Crema di Zucchine Con Mozzarella - Zucchini Purée with Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves Fine sea salt
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into Vt -inch pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth, heated to a simmer
- 4 flat anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
In a bowl, toss together cheese, 1 tablespoon oil, oregano and pinch salt.
In a large saucepan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add zucchini, stir to combine and cook for 1 minute more. Add broth, bring to a simmer and cook until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
Carefully purée mixture in a blender until smooth; season with salt to taste. Cool soup to just warm. Serve topped with cheese cubes and anchovy.