Bulgur Wheat Salad With Smoked Turkey
- 2 cups low-fat low-sodium chicken broth boiling
- 1 cup dry bulgur wheat
- 2 green onions minced
- 2 medium carrots peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked turkey breasts cubed (or use cubed cooked fresh turkey)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Pour boiling broth over the bulgur wheat into a heatproof bowl and let stand for 1 hour. Drain any excess liquid. Combine the bulgur wheat with the green onions, carrots, cucumber, parsley, and cubed turkey.
In a blender or food processor, process the remaining ingredients, pour over the salad, and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Very Lean Meat, 1 Starch, 1 Vegetable.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 223; Calories from Fat 28; Total Fat 3g; Saturated Fat 1g; Cholesterol 52mg; Sodium 1512mg; Carbohydrate 25g; Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 5g; Protein 27g.