- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 1/2 pound turkey breast cut thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh snow peas trimmed
- 2 cups thinly-sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 3 cups cooked rice
Combine the first seven ingredients. Add the turkey and mix to coat well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the turkey mixture and stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes. Push the turkey up on the sides of the wok. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Push the turkey back to the center of the wok and stir-fry for 2 to 3 more minutes. Sever over hot rice.
This recipe yields 6 servings. Serving size: 3 to 4 ounces turkey with 1/2 cup rice.
Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Very Lean Meat, 2 1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 320; Calories from Fat 30; Total Fat 3g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 285mg; Carbohydrate 39g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 11g; Protein 31g.