Mexican Chorizo and Potato Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Mexican chorizo, casing
- removed and meat crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (2 pound) package hash brown
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- 1 cup guacamole
Submitted By: marti2cs
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
"This hearty and budget-friendly casserole has ground beef, chorizo, black beans, and hash brown potatoes baked under a layer of Cheddar cheese."
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, chorizo, and onion until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, coriander, and black pepper. Add black beans, tomatoes, and corn; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish.
3. Combine cream cheese and butter in a microwave-safe bowl; heat on high until melted, about 1 minute. Stir cream cheese mixture until smooth; spread over meat mixture. Layer hash browns over cream cheese mixture and top with Cheddar cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and potatoes are lightly brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce and guacamole.
You'll also love
- Quick Parmesan Asparagus 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pea, Asparagus, and Fava Bean Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Flaky Ham and Turkey Sandwich... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rigatoni in Blush Sauce with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- POTATO PANCAKE 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Sausage Balls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Penne with Sausage, Peppers, and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp & Chorizo Kebobs 5/5 (1 Votes)