Minted Lemon and Limeade
The real citrus and fresh mint in this recipe are a refreshing surprise coming out of a picnic thermos. It does taste best ice-cold.
- 4 lemons
- 3 limes
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar, plus additional as desired
- 8 cups cold water
Adapted from thedeenbros.com
Squeeze the juice from 3 of the lemons and 2 of the limes; strain the juice into a glass measuring cup (about 1 cup of juice). Thinly slice the remaining lemon and lime, removing the seeds; set aside.
In the bottom of a tall pitcher, use a wooden spoon to gently mash the mint leaves with 1/4 cup of the sugar. Add the strained juice; stir well to dissolve the sugar.
Add the cold water and the remaining 1Ú2 cup sugar to the pitcher; stir well to dissolve the sugar. Taste for sweetness and add more sugar if desired. Add the lemon and lime slices. Chill before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Spinach Pizza 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Maple, Bacon & Pecan Sticky Buns 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Corn & Black Bean Salsa 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chipotle-Mango Barbecue Chicken... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Crumb-Topped Apple Pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Melon and Mint Lemonade 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- HONEY LIME GARLIC BUTTER SALMON 4.5/5 (19 Votes)