Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini Carrot Bread
- For a 1-1/2 lb Loaf:
- 2 Slices of your favorite bread
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1/4 C Vegenaise (or other vegan mayonnaise)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 C fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 medium Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Carrot, shredded very finely
- 1 Pear, sliced thin
- If you want to try the Bread Machine Zucchini Carrot Bread, here's that recipe...
- 3/4 C Almond Milk
- 1/2 C Zucchini, finely shredded & drained of it's liquid
- 1/2 C Carrot, finely shredded
- 1 Tbl vegan Margarine, such as Earth Balance
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 C BREAD Flour
- 1 Tbl vegan Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Bread Machine Yeast
- 1 tsp Chia or Poppy Seeds (I used Chia)
Adapted from theveglife.com
For the bread, add the ingredients in the order listed. Choose the "basic/white bread cycle" on a light/normal color setting. The bread machine will do the rest!
NOTE: TO MAKE THE BREAD WITHOUT A BREAD MACHINE
-Proof the yeast (dissolve the yeast and the 1 tablespoon of sugar in warm water, amount will depend on the recipe).
-Combine the ingredients and mix well.
-Knead the dough until smooth and soft.
-Let rise until doubled.
-Punch down, and shape into a loaf.
-Place bread in a greased loaf pan, or on a baking sheet for a round loaf.
-Rise again until doubled.
-Bake, as most bread is baked in a moderate oven, about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) this is a good temperature to start with.
-Bake for 40 to 50 minutes (this will depend on your oven and the bread itself so be careful here), or until the crust is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped. The baking time may vary slightly.
To assemble the sandwich, using our Zucchini/Carrot Bread or your favorite loaf, slice medium to thick slices.
Combine the avocado and vegan Mayonnaise, leaving it semi-chunky. Spread one half on each slice.
Next, a layer of spinach. Press lightly.
Add a layer of thinly sliced pears, then shredded carrots, thinly sliced tomatos and finally, red onion.
Top with the other half and give it a good press.
Serve with your a pickle and your favorite veggie chips!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)