Gratin Dauphinois (Scalloped Potatoes)
Preheat oven to 350
- 4 large Idaho Potatoes peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 T butter
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 1 drizzle of white truffle oil (optional)
- Salt and White Pepper
Slice the potatoes on a mandolin 1/8” thick.
Rub the cloves of garlic on the inside of a heavy bottom baking dish that is just large enough to hold all of the potatoes.
Generously butter the dish.
Fill a bowl with the potatoes and just cover with heavy cream.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and the truffle oil.
Place the potatoes in the baking dish and cover with the seasoned cream.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a water bath in the oven.
Bake for one hour and remove the foil and check to make sure that the potatoes are tender and just cooked.
Put back in the oven for about 10 more minutes or until golden brown
You'll also love
- Vanilla Blueberry Protein Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Icebox Cheesecake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Asparagus, Corn and tomato salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Amish Corn Fritters 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crispy Shrimp Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crook's Corner Shrimp and Grits 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with Parsley and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Two-Potato Sauté With Bacon And... 5/5 (1 Votes)