Holiday Season Cranberry Bread
Keep this cranberry bread on hand for holiday visitors. It freezes well and is delicious plain, with butter or with cream cheese. A welcomed gift!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted or canola oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 1 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from food.com
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda into large bowl and set aside.
Add melted butter or canola oil to orange juice. Add beaten egg to orange mixture and add to dry ingredients. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chopped nuts and cranberries.
Turn into greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes.
Let stand 24 hours before slicing.
Serve plain or with butter or cream cheese.
Freezes well. Remove from freezer the night before serving, if possible.
You'll also love
- Kale Chips 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes, Carrots,... 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Sugar Crusted Banana Bread 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Osso Bucco with Risotto Milanese 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Lasagna 4.3/5 (66 Votes)
- Raspberry Mojito 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Candy Cane Vodka 4.5/5 (45 Votes)