Rigatoni in Blush Sauce with Chicken and Bacon
- 1/2 lb uncooked rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- 1 can (2 cups) diced tomatoes
- fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet, add the bacon and cook it until it starts rendering some fat. Add the chicken, onion and garlic and cook until chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through. Add diced tomatoes, water, basil, hot sauce, and cook for 10 minutes. Add sour cream and stir. If needed add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add the pasta to the skillet, add the mozzarella cheese and toss it all together to make sure all pasta is covered in the cheese and sauce.
3. Grate with fresh Parmesan cheesehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png and serve warm.