White Bean Pate
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can white beans - (15 oz) (navy or cannelini)
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced dill
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Serve with crackers or pita bread.
This recipe yields 12 servings. Serving size: 2 tablespoons.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1/2 Starch.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 49; Calories from Fat 5; Total Fat 1g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 165mg; Carbohydrate 9g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 1g; Protein 3g.