Black Bean Enchiladas
Mild and quick black bean enchiladas that freeze beautifully.
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 bunch scallions, diced white and green parts
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3-4 C shredded Colby or Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 med can black olives, sliced
- Tortillas, corn or flour
- 1 large can red enchilada sauce (or 2 small cans)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from dayoldnews.com
1. Mix black beans, scallions, onion, cheese, and garlic in a bowl.
2. Spray tortillas with PAM or olive oil and warm on the stove for about one minute each side on a low temp, just enough to make them slightly golden and pliable for stuffing.
3. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray and pour enough red sauce in to cover the bottom.
4. Fill each tortilla with cheese/bean mix, lying them seam-side down in the sauce-filled casserole dish.
5. Pour the remaining red sauce on top of the tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top if you like. Freeze for later or bake now.
6. Bake at 350 until bubbling.
You'll also love
- Rhubarb Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- WARM SHAVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS &... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Basic Black-Eyed Peas 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Black Bean Hummus 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe