The Big Book of Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 ) 4 LB Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 4 large red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 LB baby carrots
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
To ensure the roast cooks evenly, tie it into any even form using butcher twine. Rub the oil onto the meat.
Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, thyme and paprika together. Pat the seasoning mixture on all sides of the roast. Place the roast in the slow cooker.
Arrange the turnips, parsnips, potatoes, carrots around the roast. Evenly disperse the garlic around the vegetables. Arrange the onion slices over the vegetables. Pour the wine and broth into the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Use a slotted spoon to remove the roast and vegetables to a serving platter and cover to keep warm. Let the roast rest for at least 10 minutes before carving. To serve, thinly slice the roast across the grain. Serve drizzled with some of the pan juices.
You'll also love
- Corn Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Glazed Honey Garlic Ribs Recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts stuffed with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ultimate Chicken Tenders 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Flannel Corned Beef Hash with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grandma Craig's Dumplings for Beef... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- TANGY AND TASTY PULLED SIRLOIN... 5/5 (1 Votes)