Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Slow cooker chicken and dumpling are a perfect meal for a cold day. Put the chicken in the crockpot in the morning, come home and add the refrigerated biscuits to finish cooking the meal.
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, about 3
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 large flaky refrigerator biscuits
- Optional: peas or baby carrots
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 370mins
Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and top with butter. Mix the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and diced onions in a medium size bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken breasts. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and use a fork to shred. Return chicken to the crock pot. Cut each uncooked biscuit into 9 pieces and stir into the chicken mixture. Continue to cook on high for 30 minutes.
If you'd like, add some frozen peas and/or carrots when you add the biscuits, and increase the final cooking time to about 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Slowcooker Pork Chops 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Kentucky Hot Brown Bake 4.3/5 (123 Votes)
- Beef Stew (Pressure Cooker) 4.5/5 (110 Votes)
- Neiman Marcus Cake 3.7/5 (177 Votes)
- Mummy Meatloaf 4.5/5 (106 Votes)
- Taco Casserole 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Pasta, Chicken, & Broccoli Bake 4.5/5 (105 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumplings in a Crockpot 4.6/5 (96 Votes)