Hearty Tex-Mex Squash-Chicken Casserole
- Servings: 6
- 1-10oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 medium size yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 lg. red or green bell pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs peanut oil
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 10-3/4 oz cans cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 8-oz container sour cream
- 1 4.5-oz can green chilies, chopped and undrained
- 1 1.4-oz envelope frajita seasoning
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Adapted from keyingredient.com
DRAIN spinach well, pressing between paper towels, set aside.
SAUTE squash, bell pepper, and onions in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
STIR in spinach, chicken, next 6 ingredients, and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased d13 x 9 inch baking dish.
BAKE at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and bake 5 more minutes.