Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Rolls
Zucchini is broiled until tender and then spread with a herbed cheese spread and rolled up. These are a great side dish for dinner, or serve as a great appetizer.
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb cheese spread, like Rondele or Alouette
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch thick slices lengthwise. Toss the two outer slices that are mainly skin, or save them to add to a salad.
Place the remaining slices on a baking sheet brush with olive oil on both sides, there should be around 15 slices. Lightly sprinkle one side with salt to taste.
Place zucchini directly on a grill that has been preheated to medium. Grill the slices until grill marks show on both sides, and the zucchini is tender, about 3 minutes per side.
Remove the zucchini from the grill and place on the baking sheet and cool.
Place 1/2 tablespoon of the cheese spread at one end of each zucchini slice. Roll the slice up beginning with the end where the cheese spread is and secure with a toothpick.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. These can be made up to a day in advance.
You'll also love
- Baked: Muffins: (Paleo) Cinnamon,... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- A Cup of Coffee Cake 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Holy Mole Pork... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Mini Mac 'n Cheese Muffins 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Eva Longoria's Pineapple Upside... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Olive Cheese Bites 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Divan 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls 4.5/5 (23 Votes)