Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Rolls
Zucchini is broiled until tender and then spread with a herbed cheese spread and rolled up. These are a great side dish for dinner, or serve as a great appetizer.
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb cheese spread, like Rondele or Alouette
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch thick slices lengthwise. Toss the two outer slices that are mainly skin, or save them to add to a salad.
Place the remaining slices on a baking sheet brush with olive oil on both sides, there should be around 15 slices. Lightly sprinkle one side with salt to taste.
Place zucchini directly on a grill that has been preheated to medium. Grill the slices until grill marks show on both sides, and the zucchini is tender, about 3 minutes per side.
Remove the zucchini from the grill and place on the baking sheet and cool.
Place 1/2 tablespoon of the cheese spread at one end of each zucchini slice. Roll the slice up beginning with the end where the cheese spread is and secure with a toothpick.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. These can be made up to a day in advance.
You'll also love
- PF Chang's™ Orange Peel Chicken 3.8/5 (38 Votes)
- Boston Market Cornbread 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Pork-n-Beans Chili 3.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Potato Soup Recipe (slow cooker) 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sangria 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Manchego & Marcona Almond Cheese... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Sautéed Delicata Squash 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- BITTERSWEET SQUASH WITH PANCETTA... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)