Rigatoni with Broccoli & Sausage
- 1 lb of rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups of broccoli florets – I just bought one bag of pre-cut florets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced/pressed
- 1 lb of Italian sausage
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 lemon – 1 tablespoon of lemon zest & 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper
Heat a little bit of olive oil in the deep skillet over medium-high heat and begin browning the Italian sausage. When browned, move to a paper towel covered plate to drain. Then, throw the sausage back into the skillet – keep on low until the pasta is ready.
When the pasta water is ready, throw in the rigatoni (you should be cooking the pasta while the sausage is browning). Then with about 2-3 minutes left on the pasta, add the broccoli florets (yep, to the pasta pot with the rigatoni!).
NOTE: Before draining the cooked pasta and broccoli, reserve about a cup of the pasta water – you will need this for the pasta sauce.
While the pasta is cooking and the sausage is browning, make the sauce. Into your small bowl, whisk together the following ingredients: lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, pressed garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
When the rigatoni and the broccoli are done, drain thoroughly and add to the skillet with the sausage. Next add the lemon-oil mixture and the pasta water (I used about 2/3 cup).
Remove the skillet from heat and stir until you have a nice thin sauce that coats the pasta.
You'll also love
- Bloomin Onion Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP WITH CORN &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Ravioli Lasagna 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sausage and Apple Stuffing 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Broccoli and Tortellini Alfredo 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Vodka Rigatoni, Spicy Italian 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- RICE - Broccoli Wild Rice... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)