Waldorf Hotel's Waldorf Salad Receipe
Classic "Ladies Who Lunch" apple walnut salad
Are you looking for this?
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Pinch of dry mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 to 6 tart apples, peeled, cored, and diced (2 cups)
- 1 to 2 cups finely diced inner ribs celery (white part only), leaves reserved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches tender greens, such as arugula, baby kale, or pepper cress, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Don't forget that you can add grilled, roasted or sauteed chicken breast.
Preheat the oven to 325F.
Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes, until aromatic and lightly toasted. Let cool.
Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, both mustards, and the lemon juice in a large bowl. Fold in the apples and diced celery and season with salt and pepper.
Put the salad greens in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and toss well.
Divide the greens among four plates. Spoon the apple mixture onto the greens and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts and reserved celery leaves.