Kombucha Cashew Cheese
Make your own dairy free cashew cheese with a little bit of Kombucha tea. Serve with crackers, or use in recipes that call for a cream cheese.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup raw Kombucha tea (I brew my own, learn how!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice (I like basil & rosemary)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 4500mins
Adapted from onegreenplanet.org
In high powered blender or food processor, add all ingredients and process until a smooth, ricotta-cheese like consistency is reached.
Using a spatula, scoop mixture into a strainer bag/nut milk bag and tighten bag around the cheese, forming a solid ball.
Place the ball & bag into a bowl, and drizzle a little more Kombucha over top.
Cover with a towel and leave on the counter overnight, and up to 3 days to “ripen”.
Check cheese often to test flavor and ferment. Once happy, eat it!
You'll also love
- Clean Eating Taco Seasoning 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Hummus with Chatta 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Red-Hot Buffalo Deviled Eggs 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Pizza Fondue 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe