Huevos Rancheros Crescent Bake
Sayonara, boring breakfast! This Mexican-inspired classic uses flaky crescents as the crust.
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 eggs
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from can of chipotle chiles)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Separate dough into 8 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Roll edges of each rectangle toward center, forming 3 1/2-inch-diameter oval with 1/2-inch rim; press rim firmly to seal. Arrange rounds in baking dish. Carefully break 1 egg in center of each round.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg whites and yolks are firm and dough is deep golden brown.
In blender or food processor, place tomatoes, chipotle chile and adobo sauce. Cover; blend until almost smooth. Pour mixture into 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
To serve, place 1 crescent egg on each plate. Top with tomato mixture and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Add extra flavor by topping the baked eggs with crumbled cotija (white Mexican) cheese or feta cheese.