New Potato Green Bean Salad with Fresh Fennel & Bacon
- 8 new potatoes (use more like a dozen if using tiny fingerlings)
- 1 tablespoon sea or kosher salt
- 8 ounces green beans, sliced in half, blanched, chilled in ice water
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, fine diced
- 4 slices very good bacon baked to very crisp, crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fennel fronds, plus whole for garnish
- Sea or kosher salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from food52.com
Wash, cut into 1/2" dice the potatoes and cook them in the salted water until easily pierced with a sharp knife.
When done, chill completely in icy water, then drain.
This step can be done a day in advance.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the potatoes, green beans, sliced fennel, red onion and bacon if using.
Make the dressing.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, and chopped fennel fronds.
Season to taste with sea or kosher salt and pepper.
Add to vegetables and toss to blend with a large rubber spatula. Transfer to a serving bowl that will best show off its loveliness.
Garnish around the edges with some bunches of fennel fronds.
You'll also love
- Turmeric and Blueberry Breakfast... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Rhubarb Gin and Tonic 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Low Carb Knife and Fork Chili... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- MEMPHIS STYLE PULLED SMOKED... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Bone-In Rib End Pork Roast with... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Soup with Creamed... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Salsa Skillet Pork Chops 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Bacon Stuffed French Toast 3.9/5 (8 Votes)