Pan Roasted Chanterelle-Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken Breast
- For the pan roasted chicken breast:
- 2 ounces bacon fat
- 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 2 ounces yellow onion, minced
- 4 ounces chanterelle mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 ounces gorgonzola blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 (12-ounce) Airline chicken breast, split into 4, skin on
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces chanterelle mushroom-gorgonzola mix
- 2 ounces canola oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
For the chanterelle mushroom-gorgonzola stuffing:
In a medium hot sautepan add the bacon fat and saute garlic, shallot and onions until translucent.
Add chanterelle mushrooms and continue sauteing until tender. Deglaze with white wine.
Chill and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl add cool chanterelle mushroom mix, gorgonzola, basil, oregano, salt and black pepper. Fold together until incorporated. Chill and set aside for later use.
For the pan roasted chicken breast:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
With a boning knife, butterfly 4 chicken breasts. Stuff each breast with 2 ounces of chanterelle mushroom-gorgonzola mix then tie with butchers twine to ensure that it stays together.
Season each chicken breast with salt and cracked black pepper.
In a large hot saute pan add canola oil then lay the chicken in the pan skin side down. Sear for about one minute then turn over and continue cooking for 30 more seconds.
Place the entire pan in a 350 degree oven and roast until done. Serve with onion jus immediately.