Chipotle Lime Carne Asada
Yummy, yummy, spicy meat! :) My own recipe.
- 2 lbs beef skirt steak or knuckle steak
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 limes, juiced and zested
- 4 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1-3 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 3 tbs fresh cIlantro, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large ziploc bag and let meat marinate at least one hour, massage the bag at least once to make sure there is even contact. It's even better if it marinates overnight. Cook the meat on a hot charcoal grill, approximately 4 minutes per side. Let the meat rest a few minutes and then cut into thin strips across the grain of the meat.