SUBMITTED BY: Billie Shelton
- The first number after each book of the Bible refers to the chapter and the second to the verse.
- 41/2 cups (1 Kings 4:22 ) flour – all-purpose
- 2 cups (Jeremiah 6:20) granulated sugar – sweet cane in the Bible
- 2 cups (Nahum 3:12) figs, chopped – or use dates
- 2 cups (Numbers 17:8) almonds, chopped
- 1 cup (Judges 5:25) butter
- 2 tablespoons (1 Samuel 14:25) honey
- Pinch of (Leviticus 2:13) salt
- 6 of (Jeremiah 17:11) eggs
- 1/2 cup (Judges 4:19) milk
Season to taste of (II Chronicles 9:9) use pre-mixed spices or pumpkin pie spice mix
2 teaspoons (Amos 4:5) baking powder – called leaven in the Bible
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 9 by 5 by 3 inch loaf pans.
Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one, beating well. Beat in the honey. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and spices. Add to the batter alternating with the milk. Stir in the chopped figs and almonds. Turn into the prepared pans and bake 60 minutes or until the loaves test done in the middle. Let cool for 30 minutes in the pans before putting onto a wire rack to cool completely.