Sautéed Asparagus with Bacon
Crispy bits of bacon are tossed with sautéed asparagus in this easy, delicious side. It pairs well with just about anything, but especially chicken and fish.
- 2 slices reduced fat bacon, uncooked, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain; remove all but 1 teaspoon bacon fat from skillet.
Add asparagus and shallot to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until shallots are golden and asparagus are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
Return bacon to skillet; toss over medium-high heat to warm through. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
You'll also love
- Potatoes for a Crowd 4.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies 4.5/5 (138 Votes)
- The Best Potato Soup Recipe Ever 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts 4.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops 4.1/5 (259 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara 4.4/5 (145 Votes)