Black Bean and Avocado Tostadas with Cabbage Salad
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 small baby sweet peppers (about 1 cup chopped)
- 3 scallions (about 2/3 cup sliced)
- 1 can cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup bean liquid or water
- 8 pickled jalapeño slices
- 2 to 3 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cabbage Salad
- 3 cups lightly packed shredded red cabbage
- corn kernels from 1 corn cob (about 1 cup)
- 3 large radishes, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- handful of feta cheese
Adapted from thewimpyvegetarian.com
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the peppers and scallions until softened. Stir in the black beans and liquid, and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed - about 5 - 6 minutes. Stir in the jalapeño slices and remove from the heat.
Brush the remaining olive oil on a couple of flour tortillas. Warm up a skillet over medium-low heat and add a tortilla. Cook for about 30 seconds, flip and cook another 30 seconds. Repeat with the other tortilla(s). They should be slightly crispy.
Peel, cube and smash the guacamole, lime juice and salt in a small bowl. Spread on the tortillas.
Combine the cabbage, corn, and radishes in a medium bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and toss with your hands until evenly coated.
Top the tortillas with a layer of black beans, then salad. Finish with a flourish of pepitas and feta cheese before serving.
You'll also love
- ZZ Braised Lamb Shanks 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower with Caper... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asian Cauliflower Fried Rice 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Lentil Burgers 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Mini Lemon Cheesecakes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp: Chili Lime 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Luck o' the Irish Corned Beef &... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Avocado Tartare 4.6/5 (5 Votes)