Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles – Low Carb
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cream
- 1/3 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener or other powdered erythritol
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped, divided
Adapted from alldayidreamaboutfood.com
1. Place cream cheese in a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Add cream, powdered erythritol, lemon juice, lemon zest and stevia extract. Process until well combined.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of the strawberries and process until almost fully smooth. Stir in remaining chopped strawberries.
4. Pour mixture into popsicle molds and push popsicle sticks about 2/3 of the way into each (I recommend getting wooden sticks, as they tend to grip the mixture better and don't come out when you are trying to unmold the popsicles).
5. Freeze at least 4 hours. To unmold, run under hot tap water for 20 to 30 seconds, and then twist stick gently to release.
Serves 12. Each serving has 3 g of carbs and 1 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 2 g.
122 Calories; 12g Fat (83.6% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 63mg Sodium.
Read more at http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/06/strawberry-cheesecake-popsicles-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html#0RQBjhAbhSlYLOFF.99