Daphne's easy, Asian-inspired peanut sauce tastes great on anything -- grilled chicken, roast chicken, even salad!
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns (ground)
- 1 teapsoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Dash of hot sauce (to taste)
- Splash rice vinegar (to taste)
- Toasted sesame oil (to taste)
Saute the garlic and spices in olive oil until garlic is soft and spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the garlic and spices with peanut butter, maple syrup, and shoyu; mix well. Slowly add in the coconut milk until you reach your desired consistency. Season with hot sauce, acid, and toasted sesame oil to taste.
Serve with your favorite chicken satay.