Butternut Squash Risotto
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 5 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 2 oz dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
In a medium sauce pan, heat chicken broth and squash puree.
Keep stock hot on a low heat.
In a heavy saucepan, heat butter on a low flame. Add shallots and garlic and saute until golden, add risotto and sage and stir well to coat each grain with butter.
Add the wine and stir until it is absorbed. Add salt and pepper and the stock a ladleful at a time, until it is absorbed before adding another ladleful stirring gently and almost constantly. Stirring loosens the starch molecules from the outside of the rice grains into the surrounding liquid, creating a smooth creamy-textured liquid.
Continue this process until all the stock is used, about 25-30 minutes from the time you started. When all the liquid is absorbed,
stir in the grated cheese and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Balsamic-Glazed Grilled Chicken... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Broccoli & Chicken Stir Fry 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker So Easy Cherry... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Cod with Spinach in Cheese Sauce 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cinnamon-swirl pumpkin rolls 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Better Than… Cake 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Thai Butternut Squash Soup... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)