A time-tested recipe, these candied bourbon pecans make a delicious snack on their own, and are also wonderful on ice cream.
- 1 pound pecans
- 1/2 to 1 cup bourbon, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
Cooking time 30mins
Cover the pecans with boiling water and allow to stand until plumped.
Drain and cover with the bourbon (plus a little more).
Allow the nuts to soak. Meanwhile, in a separate pot boil together the water and sugar until it reaches the softball stage on a candy thermometer (235° to 240°F).
Dump in nuts and bourbon and cook until sugared - stirring frequently.
Let the nuts dry on a sheet pan covered with wax paper for easy clean up.
NOTE: attempting to double the recipe won't work.
You'll also love
- Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter 4.1/5 (62 Votes)
- Pea Pesto 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Mini Crab Cakes 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Buffalo Cheese Puffs 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Healthy Paleo Fudge 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Goat Cheese, Cranberry, and Walnut... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Candied Nuts 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Rosemary Roasted Nuts 4.7/5 (7 Votes)