Mini Bacon and Tomato Quiches
Who says you can’t mess with perfection? For the record, not us. Take this recipe for quiche. First, we make them miniature. (Confession: We love all things mini.) But where we really kick things up a notch is the crust: Swap pie dough for salty, savory hash browns. Simply line a muffin tin with the potatoes and bake until crispy. Then fill each cup with eggs, bacon, tomato and cheese, and bake again. You can grab one of these bites to eat on the go, or pair the whole dozen with green salad and mimosas for a classy weekend brunch.
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed and drained well
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled into bits
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from purewow.com
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Lightly grease a standard-size muffin tin. In a medium bowl, toss the hash browns with the butter and salt until well combined.
2. Place 2 tablespoons hash browns into each cup of the muffin tin. Press gently into the base to form a crust. It’s OK if the potatoes come up slightly around the edge of the cup.
3. Bake the hash-brown crust until it’s golden and crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°.
4. Place about 1 tablespoon bacon into each crust, then top with a few pieces of tomato.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and season with salt and pepper. Pour the custard into each cup, stopping about ¼ inch below the top rim. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake until the quiches are puffed up and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Sandwich Bread 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fish Taco Salad with Garlic Lime... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Drunken Turkey 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chipotle Orange Pork Ribs 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Tomato Macaroni Cheese Bake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked 2-Cheese & Bacon Grits 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus and Tomato Salad with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)