A simple, delicious homemade lasagna recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 ounces (3 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce*
- 3 tablespoons water*
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Adapted from tammysrecipes.com
1. In a mixing bowl, combine egg, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, and the parsley. Stir until well-blended.
2. Brown meat with garlic and onion. Drain grease and return to skillet. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and water, mixing thoroughly.
3. Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with a layer of three lasagna noodles, one-third of the cheese mixture, and 1 cup of the sauce. Repeat layers twice.
4. Top with remaining three lasagna noodles (if lasagna is getting too "tall" for your dish, press the lasagna noodles down to flatten it a little) and the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese on top. Cover with greased foil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover dish and bake an additional 25 minutes, until top is browned and noodles are tender. Remove from oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.