- 1 recipe for a 9-inch double pie crust
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 egg, beaten with some cold water.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Pulverize tapicoa in a food processor.
3. Mix together raspberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt until raspberries are well-covered. Let sit 15 minutes.
4. Pour into pastry shell. Dot with butter, add top crust and crimp edges.
5. Make several slits in the top crust and brush with egg and water mixture.
6. Bake for 15 minutes to set crust. Lower oven temperature to 375 and bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbly, about 25 minutes more.
7. Allow pie to cool completely before cutting.