Smoked Salmon Tartines with Red Onion Relish
- 1/2 c finely diced red onion
- 1/4 c drained capers
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1.5 T chopped dill
- 1 t yellow mustard seeds
- 6 thin slices pumpernickel bread (15oz)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/4 c chopped chives
- 12 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon, torn into bite-size pieces
- Finely grated lemon zest
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from oprah.com
To Make Relish:
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients & refrigerate, covered, until ready to use (up to 2 hrs in advance).
To Make Tartines:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Arrange pumpernickel slices on a baking sheet. Toast lightly, 10-15 min. Let cool completely.
3. In a med bowl, combine cream cheese w/creme fraiche & chives.
4. Spread mixture on toasts.
5. Cut each pumpernickel slice into thirds if slice is from wider section of loaf, or in half if from ends of loaf.
6. Top w/smoked salmon & garnish w/a spoonful of relish & lemon zest just before serving.
You'll also love
- Not Your Ordinary Banana Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Punch (with or without... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato and Basil Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TERIYAKI SALMON 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon and Onion Quiche 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Onion Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HG's Cheesy-Good Tuna Mac 0/5 (0 Votes)