Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Fresh banana keeps these hearty cookies super moist. Oats make them chewy and toasted walnuts give them a little crunch. A winning cookie combo!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Whisk together both flours, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
Put butter and both sugars into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
Reduce speed to low. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. Mix in banana.
Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chunks, and walnuts.
Using a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 12 to 13 minutes.
Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely. Store in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.
You'll also love
- SAFFRON CLAM SAUCE WITH CAPELLINI 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cherry-Topped Chocolate Tassies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Caramel Drizzle Pie 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana Bread Homemade 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Stovetop Mardis Gras Mac & Cheese 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Fluffy Carrot Muffins with Cream... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana S'mores 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Log 4.3/5 (4 Votes)