Florida Blue Crab Imperial
Servings: 8 servings
Blue Crab Imperial is an easy to make meal when you want something special. Serve with a side salad and some good bread to soak up the sauce.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Florida sweet onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped pimiento
- 2 teaspoons whole capers
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds Florida blue crab meat, drained, shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine mayonnaise, minced onion, chopped pimento, capers Worcestershire sauce and first six ingredients in a large bowl. Gently fold in crab meat. Put crab mixture in an ovenproof casserole; top with bread crumbs and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbling. Serve at once.