Hashbrown Potato Casserole
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, or 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Check All Add to Shopping List
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.