HG's That's So Quiche Lorraine
Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
PointsPlus® value 4*
- 4 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free half & half
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- Optional topping: additional chopped chives
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
Cook bacon until crispy, either in a large skillet over medium heat or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. (See package for cook time.)
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and stir onion until softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, stir cheese wedges until smooth. Add egg substitute, milk, half & half, salt, and pepper. Whisk until mostly smooth. Chop or crumble bacon, and add to the bowl. Add onion and chives, and stir well.
Transfer mixture to the pie pan. Bake until center is just set and cooked through, about 45 minutes.