White Chicken Chili- Ohr Recipe
This recipe was given to me by our awesome friends, Ken and Ryan.
- 1 1/2 pounds canned or cooked Great Northern beans
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 20 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies (mild)
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chopped jalapenos for garnish
1. Boil chicken for 15-20 minutes, and chop into bite sized pieces.
2. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until translucent.
3. Stir in all spices, and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock, beans, and cheese. Simmer for 15 minutes
5. Serve with sour cream, extra cheese, and jalapeno peppers for garnish.