Spinach, Green Onion, and Smoked Gouda Quiche
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened $
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk $
- 1/4 teaspoon salt $
- 1 large egg yolk $
- 5.6 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups) $
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil $
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions $
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach $
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk $
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt $
- Dash of grated nutmeg
- 3 large eggs $
1. To prepare crust, place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Combine milk, salt, and egg yolk in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add milk mixture to butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour; beat just until combined. Press mixture into a 4-inch circle on plastic wrap; cover. Chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Unwrap and place chilled dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 10-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 15 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
4. To prepare filling, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes.
5. Combine 1 cup milk and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in spinach mixture. Pour filling into crust. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cut into 10 wedges.