Carbohydrates 21.2 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Fat 2.0 g
Saturated fat 0.7 g
Sodium 272 mg
Protein 5 g
- 1 red pepper, sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2″ thick slices
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/2 ″ thick slices
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced into 1/2″ thick slices
- 1 jar fire roasted tomato sauce
- 1/4 pounds heeps milk Pecorino Romano, shredded
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- basil and red pepper flakes for garnish
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
2. Heat grill and mist all veggies with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill eggplant for about 3 minutes per side and set aside. Repeat with all vegetables. Cut pepper into strips after grilling.
3. Pour 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of a 9×13 pan. Spread out with a spoon. Layer on eggplant, more sauce and a little cheese. Repeat with remaining vegetables, sauce and cheese. (Essentially making a lasagna.)
4. Top with 1/2 cup bread crumbs and bake for about 25-30 minutes until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbly.