Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken drumsticks are breaded in a mix of seasonings and Parmesan then oven fried to a delicious crisp.
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Snipped fresh oregano, optional
- Lemon wedges, optional
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from diabeticlivingonline.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease two large shallow baking pans; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine egg product and milk. In a shallow dish combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
Dip chicken drumsticks into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange drumsticks in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces do not touch. Drizzle with melted butter.
Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (180°F for drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano and serve with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Ye Olde-Fashioned Classic Egg Salad 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Ricotta Mini Waffles 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Mango, Berry & Banana Smoothie 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sticky Glaze Chicken Thighs with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- One Skillet Chicken with Lemon... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Coconut Milk & Lemon Grass Braised... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Hungry Girl Chicken Parmesan 4.5/5 (4 Votes)