GARLICKY CHICKEN-SCALLION STIR FRY
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (more or less if you like)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 10 scallion stalks
Adapted from healthyandgourmet.blogspot.com
Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips about 2" long. Add the cornstarch and chili powder and mix well. Set aside.
2. Mix together the chicken broth, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Set aside.
3. Wash and dry the scallions well. Cut off and discard the root ends, then slice the rest of the stalks into 2" to 3 " pieces. Set aside.
4. In a wok or skillet over high heat, add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is heated, add the chicken, garlic, and ginger, and cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking.
5. Add the chicken broth mixture and cook for another minute or two until almost half of the liquid has evaporated and the remainder forms a thick sauce. Add the scallions and toss together for 20 seconds. Remove from heat and serve over warm, brown rice.