Pina Colada Tart
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup canned cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 can (20 oz) sliced pineapple, drained, slices cut in half
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted*
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press in bottom and up side of pan. Trim edge if necessary. Prick with fork. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. In small bowl, mix cream of coconut, milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Beat in butter and 2 tablespoons rum with wire whisk. Cool at room temperature 1 hour.
Pour cooled pie filling into baked tart shell. Arrange pineapple slices in decorative pattern over filling. In small microwavable bowl, microwave jam uncovered on High 20 seconds. Stir in 1 tablespoon rum; mix well with fork. Brush glaze over pineapple. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate until serving.