Layered Meatball Casserole
- 2 1/2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. frozen bite-size meatballs, thawed
- 1 (.75 oz) pkg. fresh basil leaves
- 1 (7 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp. minced roasted garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 (12 oz) pkg. egg noodles, cookes
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce over bottom of baking dish. Place meatballs on top of sauce. Layer basil, mushrooms, and tomatoes. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, eggs, and remaining 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce. Stir in garlic, salt, oregano, and prepared noodles. Pour mixture over layered ingredients in baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 55 mins. to 1 hour or until bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsely if desired.